Annie's Version

For me to have somewhere to express my feelings and what I have been going through.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday when we got to the barn, the ferrier was there and all the horses were getting trimmed and shod. First I went over to the adult goat's pen and started picking grass and feeding it to the goats through the fence. I couldn’t take Tinkerbelle out because she would scare the horses that were having their feet done. So, after that, to amuse myself, I started feeding grass to Oakley instead, and to his paddock friend, "Pal." Then the farm-owner Greg, and my mom talked about horses. Then my mom and I got in the car and drove to a diner for lunch. I thought it was a very cozy diner and they had games there like the "Skill Crane." The "Skill Crane" is a big metal box that is see-through. Inside it, are many cute stuffed animals. Also, there's a claw and when you put money into the machine, you can move the claw around and see if you can catch a stuffed animal. Well, it's very hard, and I haven’t gotten a prize from it in 2 years! Can you believe it?! Well, my mom gave me $2 and I put it in and GUESS WHAT! I moved the claw, I dropped it down, and I got a prize! Isn’t that cool? Then I took my prize (it was a stuffed baby cow), and I went back to the table. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries, and then I got ICE CREAM!!! Then we drove back to the barn and my mom groomed Oakley. The bucks (male adult goats), were walking loose around the barn so I started to play with them. One of them was tied up. I chased them and pet them; I think they're fun to play with. Then, I watched the ferrier do Oakley's hooves. THEN it was feeding time for the baby goats and horses. I took the grain buckets and fed them to the horses. Then I helped Laurie (Greg's wife), feed the baby goats with bottles! Then I got to take them out and chase them. One of them is a female and her name is Miss Kitty. The other one is a male and his name is Festus. Then I let Tinkerbelle run around a little because the ferrier was gone. Then sadly, after half an hour later, it was time to go. I put the goats away and then we got in the car and then -- OH NO! -- WE LEFT THE BARN! Then I fell asleep on the way home.

Today my parents and I are going to the Museum and then a picnic in Central Park!

PS: The picture is of me and Festus! Isn't he cute?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter