Annie's Version

For me to have somewhere to express my feelings and what I have been going through.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Daddy the Writer

This is my Daddy. He is a writer. He writes screenplays, such as my mom's, "Cold Tea." I think he's the best writer in the world because he has a creative imagination and he is smart and intelligent. Every night my Daddy and me read together in my bed. We call it "Reading Time." He is always wanting me to learn about and watch black and white films. I'm glad he makes me watch them because they're interesting and funny! My mom said that I'm probably the only kid in America who knows who Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Leslie Caron, Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, and Humphrey Bogart are.

Once my Daddy went to Switzerland to get his films published. He brought back pictures of Bernese Mountain Dogs and a big rabbit and tall mountains and cottages. Also, my parents said that the way they met and got married was that they both worked at a restaurant called "Teachers," and my dad was the head bartender and my mommy was a waitress. My parents fell in love and my dad wanted to marry my mom right away. They moved in together. Then they got married right after that, and after THAT, they had me 7 years later and we moved with our 2 French Bulldogs, Tex and Milo. Unfortunately, Tex died from a broken back and Milo died two years later from a horrible heart attack. I was only 3 at the time, and I had never met Tex, (I was in my mom's stomach when he died), but fortunately I met Milo but I only knew him for 3 years. What does this have to do with my dad you might ask? I don’t know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter